Welcome!

This is the place I try to make my creative visions match the physical world.. watch while I sometimes fail and sometimes succeed!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sleep Masks

I decided I needed a few smaller projects. I think it's important when you are working on long term projects to have some smaller things to work, to keep you inspired.
I love sleeping with complete blackness - ironic because I was scared of the dark my whole childhood, and even as a teenager. I'm sure this had something to do with having a vivid imagination and watching to many horror movies!

I decided to whip up some sleep masks. I had a bunch of felt to use as liners and lots of small pieces of fabrics, including some super soft flannel type fabric (nice against the face!)

I've also been playing with the settings on my camera, as I (and my sister haha) were unhappy with the lighting. So without further ado, here is the photo with normal settings and no flash...

 Here it is with the flash and the incandescent setting on (I forgot the flash was on)
 And here it is with no flash and incandescent setting on.. winner winner chicken dinner!!
 and here are the sleep masks in all their glory! maybe I'll sell some or give some away as gifts.. I love how these don't use to much fabric, a good way to use up some smaller pieces.

1 comment:

Puglicious said...

they look great Holly!!! You got me motivated...stay tuned :)