Welcome!

This is the place I try to make my creative visions match the physical world.. watch while I sometimes fail and sometimes succeed!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Garden Path Quilt (continued)

I made some adjustments to the corner pieces. Originally they were supposed to be a pink check, which look s great with the quilt as a whole, but right next to the roosters? It looked horrible! So I substituted the blue 'comb' fabric - I'm sure this might not be the only one I make...
I used my GO quilt cutter to cut a lot of the strips needed, which worked great. I still made a lot of mistakes cutting though! But nothing that's not fixable, even if I have to patch a few strips together!

And here is what we are supposed to do before the next meeting in it's final form!
There are flowers and leaves that will be appliqued in the centre, so it won't look as bare as it does right now. I chose the brown and pink check for the flowers, I hope it works out! There were 84, count 'em, 84 of each to cut out! I purchased some traceable vinyl to use to make the pattern for the flowers, much easier to trace and cut out then using cardboard.
You can see the pink check in the corner block - it would really have clashed with the roosters!

No comments: