Welcome!

This is the place I try to make my creative visions match the physical world.. watch while I sometimes fail and sometimes succeed!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Luggage Tags and Flowers

Just a quick shot of the petals and leaves for the garden quilt!
Then some experimenting with luggage tags. I read an online tutorial that used the packaging that sheets and bedding come in, and I happen to keep those. I'm not complete sure how I feel about them. I think a string through a grommet might look better then a sewn in strap. Surprisingly the plastic is easy to sew through. I wonder if it will tear easily though, because it kind of looks 'perforated' if you know what I mean!
 And I'm picking up the Japanese quilt again. I bought some backing in Grande Prairie last month in this lovely orange color, and I'm thinking this multicolored orange thread will look great against the black.
 Close up of thread

 And here is our pups, sleeping in the sunshine. It's since snowed again. Go away snow!

No comments: