Welcome!

This is the place I try to make my creative visions match the physical world.. watch while I sometimes fail and sometimes succeed!

Monday, March 14, 2011

dog toys and doggies and other fun stuffs

I took some time a week ago to start working on an actual pattern for my indestructible dog toy. Yah right! I know, there are no indestructible dog toys!
Well I am trying to make a water bottle dog toy – you know, those ones that crackle. I think it’s a great use of recycling or reusing. The problem I am having is I want to make the bottle replaceable. How to make that happen? I’ve thought of a draw string (dogs will chew the strings) Velcro and I’m thinking of using a system like a pillowcase. I started outlining the bottle and just making a plain cover.
Later on I made one with feet. Ha!
 Here`s a little face hahaha

Ideally I want to make them out of fake fur, something with a tail. I got a great deal of fur pieces from Dressew during their sale.
I also decided to whip up a little place mat to practice my machine quilting. I still have to finish it off.



And while I was having fun, Lazy Levy relaxed with me!

No comments: