Welcome!

This is the place I try to make my creative visions match the physical world.. watch while I sometimes fail and sometimes succeed!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Ghastlies Finally

So after pushing through an exhausting morning, I finally finished quilting my Ghastlies quilt!
I never intended for the quilt to be this big, I just happened to find a sheet at Walmart in the discount section and then the blocks just started happening (seriously, by themselves!)
I had help with basting it and discovered I was probably a bit to small on the backing side and was wondering how to deal with it.. then I thought, why not just use the excess from the front as the binding?



So I folded it over carefully, ironing it like it was a binding and then sewed the whole binding by hand, front and back. This looks crooked but it's just the fabric angling back.
I used a different batting in this one. It was lighter and "fluffy" and shed all.over.the.fabric. Very annoying and I kept having to delint every time I started a new section. In fact, pulling the needle through would often bring tufts of cotton up (notice in the top right of the above photo)
I still need to go back and trim threads and see if I can get rid of these tufts!

But the final product!






Somebody was glad that I was finally done quilting the blanket, because he desperately wanted to lay on it!

No comments: