Welcome!

This is the place I try to make my creative visions match the physical world.. watch while I sometimes fail and sometimes succeed!

Monday, April 25, 2011

A Loss

So I haven't blogged in a while. It's been a hard time.
Last Thursday night we brought our three year old dog in to be euthanized. It was the hardest thing I've done in my life and I don't think I can even express the horror I feel remembering what happened. I can never undo it and I wish I could, though it had to be done. My partner couldn't stay in the room so it was just the vet and I, and my beautiful, spunky, sick dog. I don't really feeling like sewing and I'm not sure when I will be, because the loss is overwhelming to me.

RIP little girl. I'll miss you forever.

4 comments:

BCMommy said...

I'm so sorry. From what you posted on FB, I could see how much you loved her, but also how hard her life was with her epilepsy. As sad as it was, you did the right thing for her. We had to do a similar thing with a family dog, and it was so hard. I know how you feel. I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes trying to get back into your routine (like sewing) will help.

Take care,
Claire

Summy.B said...

You did do the right thing. It makes me think, I wonder if I'll be as strong as you if it ever comes to that. I never wanted to paint when I felt crappy but if I did I would look at the canvas after and it would be wayyyy better than if I did it when I was in a good mood. :)

Deb said...

I just happened onto your blog today. I too have had the experience of having to have a beloved pet euthanized. It is still painful after 22 years for me, but it does get better. One thing I did to help me, was make a "mourning quilt". My dog was a Brittany Spaniel and I made a small wall hanging using bear paw blocks (or rather dog paw!) and had a fabric with a dog face like hers I used. I then hand quilted the little quilt. It really helped me.
I hope you are soon back up to speed.


Deb at clutteredquilter.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

my heart breaks for you....I have a three year old border collie that we rescued.....I know how attached and in love you can be come.....they light up our lives.

thinking about you,
victoria, bellingham, wa