Welcome!

This is the place I try to make my creative visions match the physical world.. watch while I sometimes fail and sometimes succeed!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Third Time's the Charm!

Well after attempting to do photo transfer using three different methods, the third time's the charm. I had success with the Bubble Jet 2000 solution and printing directly onto the fabric. I had to work a bit to get the fabric to run through the printer. I had ironed the fabric to freezer paper, but I found I had to tape it to a piece of paper as well. On top of that, I could only print one photo per piece of fabric as when I attempted to print two on one sheet, the first one always screwed up, either going through the printer, or the ink.
I've washed the photos a few times now and the fading is really minimal. I'm impressed and I can foresee some exciting projects using this method (I also have a lot of liquid left I don't want to waste!)


(not sure why these shots are blurry, but my lighting was a bit dodgy!)
(and I think the blanket needs to be ironed!)

                        


My photos aren't really doing the job - the photos in the quilt look MUCH better then my previous attempts.



These two above show the previous attempts




Monkey Love! I just have one line of sewing to fix up and then I'll be mailing it! Well this has been quite an adventure experimenting with photo transfer. My conclusion is I would definitely make one again using my final method, the Bubble Jet 2000 solution!


No comments: