Welcome!

This is the place I try to make my creative visions match the physical world.. watch while I sometimes fail and sometimes succeed!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Wowsers!

Go figure, in a fit of (sunshine) induced energy, I finally finished my Japanese quilt top AND my ghastlies quilt top!


The Japanese quilt I started back on the coast, did most of the work when we first moved north. In fact, I was sewing it on a rubbermade bin as I had nothing else to work on. This made for less then stellar squares and I gave up at some point when things weren't squaring up nicely. Ugh. But I persevered and finally finished the top - I finally had to add a black strip to make things work. Not the best answer to the the problem, but then again, it's finally done and who knows how long I would have waited before I finished it otherwise!

I was puzzled as to how I wanted to finish the corners on the Ghastlies quilt. I tried a few options that weren't working out and then I just decided to treat them as 'fun' blocks. I'm a bit worried that the top is larger then my backing, but I'll leave that for another day!


No comments: