Welcome!

This is the place I try to make my creative visions match the physical world.. watch while I sometimes fail and sometimes succeed!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Squee!

I am SO excited!
Squeeeee!

You know how sometimes you read about something online, and then you decide to try it and it doesn't look the same? Well that DIDN'T happen to me today.. well it did and it didn't.. I tried three things today.. one worked well, one did not work well, and the last one ROCKED!

I decided to try to make something that required modge podge (hereafter to be known as MP). I had purchased some good old elmer's glue last week after reading a recipe for MP and mixed some up in an old bottle with pour type spout. This worked great... what I was trying to MP - not so good.

Later in the day I finally relocated the printer into my sewing room. I had read about using freezer paper to transfer images - specifically using the printer to print images onto the freezer paper. This sounded very similar to to when I used to do space planning for Futureshop and would print the shape of the building onto trace paper. I would tape the trace paper to a sheet of 11x17 paper to give the trace the support it needed to go through the printer without tearing. Some people suggest using spray glue but this seems needlessly messy to me.

Anyway!! I found a cool image to try out, printed it out, taped it to a wall in the mudroom (that will be painted in the spring) and voila! It worked like a charm!
Um, except for the fact that I did it upside down.
Lesson learned! Check before starting!

Here is the printed pattern:
Here is the image on the wall:
Here is a close up:
These were taken with my phone as the camera was charging and I got impatient waiting.
What do I want to do with my discovery? It's a secret involving my linen closet. I'll have to do some more experimenting first to make sure the images don't smudge on the wall. Crossing my fingers this works out!

No comments: