Welcome!

This is the place I try to make my creative visions match the physical world.. watch while I sometimes fail and sometimes succeed!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tea Cozies and Wallets

A few years ago, my dear friend Jane sent me a teapot cozy - it's lovely isn't it?

In July we took a trip to the province next door to attend my grandmother's 95th Birthday reunion. I whipped up a few tea wallets for my sister (who requested one for an aunt) it's just as easy to make a few as one. This time I made them without interfacing to see if I liked them better.. I find the ones with interfacing seem very 'thick'. Hard to explain.
It's also not the easiest thing to find buttons in this town. I resorted to Wart-mart which had very limited stock. I'll have to buy some next time I go to the big city. I'd also like to find a alternate to the elastic. It's not looking as 'pretty' as I'd like.
And here's the kids after a rainy day (one of the few rainy days!) As you can see, they are being made to lay on the towel until they dry off a bit more!

No comments: