Welcome!

This is the place I try to make my creative visions match the physical world.. watch while I sometimes fail and sometimes succeed!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Some Oldies But Goodies!

This is a quilt my grandmother made for me when I was born. My grandmother in a lot of ways, is my quilting inspiration.


 You can see how she reused something else for the inside of the blanket.
This is a table cloth cover she crocheted. Again, she made one for each (female I think) grandchild (and there are plenty of us!)
 She made quilts for every grandchild. I loved my quilt (not this one) but unfortunately one of the fabrics completely frayed and ruined the quilt. I begged for another one and got this lovely, completely scrappy quilt.

Thank you Grandma!

3 comments:

The Dog's Dresser Drawer said...

It's so nice to have the memories and the quilt from her :)

Beth said...

The quilts are lovely. I have some quilts from my grandmother, and one from my great-grandmother. They are so wonderful and I love them. I always wonder if any of the quilts I make will last like that.

stash_envy said...

I only wish the first one had weathered better, it was lovely. Perhaps one day I'll figure out a way to fix the parts that shredded with a new fabric.